Wednesday, March 23, 2005

iPod Invasion

They are everywhere. The tell-tale white headphones, donned by both men and women, with wires that trail into the abyss of a pocket or attache. I must have seen at least 50 iPods on the way to work today. On the crowded 3-train, which I was forced to take because the B decided to temporarily stop running, iPods were all around me. On my walk to work from Penn Station-more iPods. In the elevator on the way up to my office- 3 out of 7 of us had iPods! That's 43%! With a larger sample size, that number could easily have been 50%, or even more! What's really eerie is the pervading silence, even in this noisy city, when all the people around you are wearing their iPods. I am dreading the day when the last person besides me without an iPod finally gets one. Then I will be in a truly silent world. Until I get an iPod of my own.

1 Comments:

Blogger LizeCR said...

Sigh. You really don't get it, do you? This post is about conforming, about Combine with a big C. Anyway, Amir regretted choosing as a birthday gift his crappy generic mp3 player that kep crashing.

3/23/2005 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home