Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Dartism

Why is it that when I am at a bar playing a game of darts, I can hit the bull's eye on one throw and completely miss the target the next? Because I am accurate but not precise. Who is both accurate and precise? The pro dart player. Who is precise but not accurate? The retired pro dart player who suffered from a stroke affecting his right parietal lobe, resulting in a spatial defect. Who is neither accurate nor precise? The drunk.
(The target analogy is commonly used in scientific disciplines. I just added in the characters for fun. Also, I used a green font today because I am wearing a green shirt, and I like to match.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew David Brozik said...

(These posts are much better than your disease midterm paper.)

I had a dartboard in my office, before I was promoted (without getting a raise). My colleagues would come in to throw the darts. I would slide my chair as far from the board as I could.

I prefer to play "drats."

3/09/2005 10:27 PM  
Blogger LizeCR said...

It's our punishment for having eaten from the forbidden fruit.

3/09/2005 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home