Tuesday, March 08, 2005

How Are You?

I'm OK. That's it? Just OK? I guess so. I am 29 and single, and all of my four siblings are starting families of their own. I have an MD, yet I am back in school and live with three roommates. I live in a community where us women are bitter hags and the men are regressed assholes that are too self-involved to listen to the women bitch about their bitter haggedness (haggardness?) But I am not standing on the corner of 96th Street, asking for spare change. I have not been crushed by my own SUV. I am not one in five Africans living with HIV. I have not been the victim of a suicide bombing or a natural disaster. Yes, I am OK. I mean it. Thanks for asking.

2 Comments:

Blogger LizeCR said...

It's just a euphemism for unhappiness. Don't be so literal!

3/08/2005 12:55 AM  
Blogger Matthew David Brozik said...

I know why you are bitter. You are not a hag, though.

3/08/2005 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home