Thursday, March 10, 2005

Lightbulb

I recently heard that Russel Crowe announced he had been the victim of a terrorist plot back in 2001. The idea sounded absurd. Then this morning, as I was looking in the mirror and and applying my MAC ProLash (great stuff), I recalled a strange occurrence from last year. The library of a Jewish school in my hometown of Montreal was firebombed. It happened at night, so thankfully no one was hurt. There was a lot of damage, however, and and a note expressing anti-Israel sentiment was left at the scene (The perpetrators were caught soon after). A few months later, it was written up in the newspaper that an actor filming in Montreal at the time of the firebombing was donating money to rebuild the library. That actor was none other than Russel Crowe. I mean, this same obnoxious actor who refused to go the the Oscars one year if Jeffrey Wigand, the guy he portrayed in The Insider, were to attend? That seemed so weird to me at the time. But this morning, it all started to make sense....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home