Thursday, March 17, 2005

New and Sham-proved

A little over a week ago, I realized I was running out of Pantene, so I bought a new bottle at the drugstore. It happened to be that the shelves were now stocked with bottles featuring a yellow label with the statement "NEW -WITH AMINO PROTEINS." I didn't think much of it, as I am usually skeptical of such marketing gimmicks. I must admit though, I did kind of rush through my old bottle of shampoo to start the new one! But why, with seven years of post-high school education in health sciences and medicine, did it take me until today, as I was taking a shower, to realize just how bogus the term "amino protein" is? Proteins are made up of amino acids-that is the definition of a protein! Maybe these "amino proteins" are derived from a new species of roadkill they've recently been adding to hair care products. Anyway, my hair looks the same as always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home