Friday, March 11, 2005

T.G.I.S.

I made an interesting discovery last night, after scrounging desperately for junk food in my apartment- the red icing from the tube tastes much better than the green! But seriously, folks. I would like to share the lyrics of a song with you. This song comes from "A Taste of Music," a tape of songs from some Jewish American school girls' choir. I used to listen to the tape with my mother, and we would then sing the songs in harmony. The song I will share is one about the coming day-Shabbos. I thought it was hokey back then, but if I heard it today, it just might bring a tear to my eye.

The sun is going down,
It's shining through the trees,
Another week gone by,
Becomes a memory.

So throw away your hammer,
There's nothing left to do,
Go on home and find the gift,
That's waiting tere for you.

Oh, it's time to say "Good Shabbos"
When all your work is done,
Gonna spend the day together
With The Holy One.

Say a special blessing,
On a cup that's filled with wine,
Man and his Creator,
Is a very special time.

Shabbat Shalom

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home