Monday, April 18, 2005

I Want an Answer!

When I wake up to find the internet is not working, and I call Time Warner to help, and all the woman on the phone can do is read off a paper to tell me to plug my computer directly into the modem and test the connection, and the connection is working (which I already knew), and I say it's a problem with the router, and she says they don't deal with router problems, and so I call Vonage from whom I got the router, and the man on the phone tells me to hold the reset button, and then I'm still not connected, so he has me open my browser and type in my IP address and enable MAC clone (I have no idea what that does), and it freezes on a message that the router is restarting, but the internet begins to work again anyway, when I ask him what the problem was with the router, why does he simply give a little chuckle and say that the router is now "working like new," as if my question was somehow inappropriate? It is as if I asked him where babies come from, although in this case I am pretty sure he does not know the answer any better than I do!

2 Comments:

Blogger Matthew David Brozik said...

Enabling Mac Clone makes all of your personal data (including passwords, preferences, cookies, nude photos, and the URLs of all of the embarassing Web sites you've ever visited) available to the public for viewing.

Where do babies come from?

4/18/2005 9:29 PM  
Blogger LizeCR said...

It's a good thing I deleted those nude photos of myself and the other person who shall remain nameless.

As for where babies come from, if you read my posting more carefully, you will see that you should ask the guy from Vonage, as he knows the answer to that better than I do.

4/18/2005 10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home