Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Jogging in the Park, Part III

Okay, this was not only my third time jogging in the park, but something interesting (annoying) did happen on my jog today. Soon after rounding the southest corner of the loop (or Horsecrap Bend, as I like to think of it) I passed a girl who was going at nearly the same speed I was. A few seconds later she zoomed past me, practically sprinting, obviously to get ahead of me in retaliation, kicking horsecrap in my face in the process (honestly, it could have been any other number of joggers, or even the wind, that send the dung to fly flying into my eyes, but I prefer to think of this girl as the perpetrator to add drama to my story).

Why must people be so competitive? Is there a finish line somewhere that I don't know about, where they give you a blue ribbon and a Snapple from one of the vendors for winning the Monday Evening Race in the Park? In any case, Ms. Speedy remained closely ahead of me, but then must have veered off the loop because I lost her all of the sudden. I bet she didn't run the entire 6.2 miles in under 52 minutes like I did! Ha!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Ms. Sporty. I use other people all the time to motivate me when I exercise. Which is not often these days.

-AP

5/20/2005 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe she was just finishing her run and was picking it up at the end. And you just happened to pass her right before. And maybe she didn't even notice you and YOU are the supercompetitive one for taking note of the people you pass in the park. :)

5/23/2005 2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home