Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Fourteen Days and Counting...

My 30th birthday is now two weeks away. I find myself asking many philosophical questions, such as "what is the meaning of life," and "who is worse off-the one who dies or the loved ones he leaves behind?" I am trying to examine my accomplishments, but the only ones I can seem to count are the fact that I am now self-sufficient (not including the help I got from my family with school payments), and that I manage to give charitable donations every once in a while. I know that I won't feel truly accomplished until I am married and have children of my own. I am sure that many people would argue that having a family does not make for an accomplished person. Whatever- it's still something I want.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what about good deed doing? what's more of an accomplishment than that?

8/03/2005 8:41 PM  
Blogger LizeCR said...

Yes, but I can't think of anything major offhand. I do give blood every once in a while, and I hold doors open for people. It's been a few years since I've volunteered for anything.

8/03/2005 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home