Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Closer...

...to crap than any movie I've seen a while (and I just saw Jersey Girl, or attempted to watch it, anyway). I don't regret having missed the first 45 minutes while I drank tea and chatted with friends on IM. I mean, the acting was good, and I love Jude Law, but there's only so much "you suck, why don't you love me?" a person can take! For some reason, the DVD suddenly froze, and my roommate couldn't find the necessary DVD remote. No loss there. If anyone has any good movies to suggest, it would be much appreciated.

4 Comments:

Blogger JimC said...

Can you give some clues as to what movies you like? "I Heart Huckabees" was good, and is some more Jude Law for ya.

As for comedies, Dodgeball made me bust a gut. Vince Vaughn was great, and there is something about the sound of people getting beaned in the face with a ball that makes me laugh *every* time.

5/17/2005 5:15 PM  
Blogger LizeCR said...

Saw both of them, liked them both. You know my taste, jimc!

5/17/2005 9:57 PM  
Blogger tonya said...

I would suggest Pieces of April. Wonderful movie, holds your attention for the whole thing. Awesome, awesome flick.

5/18/2005 10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Closer was terrible. Although I only saw the first half before I left the theatre to head to the nearest pub. I just watched King of Comedy (Scorsese, DeNiro), a great '81 movie that a lot of ppl haven't seen.

5/19/2005 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home