Sunday, June 12, 2005

Thank you...

...for saving me from assured embarrassment. I was finishing up my cardio workout on Friday, yet another sweltering day, when the woman two machines away from me says, rather loudly over her headphones, "Excuse me! You have mascara running down your face!" I'm not sure the entire gym heard! Anyway, I guess it's not as bad as it would have been had she said nothing at all, because I was afforded the opportunity to wipe my face before getting off the machine and facing the world. So I really mean it when I say thanks.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait you mean that's not a good pickup line? I thought girls loved it when you brought attention to their makeup mishaps. And all this time I thought their subsequent looks of horror were a reaction to the way I look in spandex. Why don't i read your blog BEFORE I got to the gym?!

6/17/2005 8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I once did that to a girl (of course trying to be ever so helpful) and it turned out it was a birthmark. I haven't spoken since.

6/20/2005 8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home