Monday, May 30, 2005

Even if You Are Not a Coffee Connoisseur

I recommend you try coffee from Costa Rica. I am not sure how this stuff ended up in our freezer- possibly from when my former roommate went to a wedding in Costa Rica two years ago, but it is definitely the best (unflavored) coffee I have ever had. It tastes a bit like chocolate. I admit, I still need to add milk and sugar or sweetener, but black coffee makes me gag. Also, whereas coffee usually has the paradoxical effect of putting me to sleep, this coffee gave me such a buzz that I felt I had enough energy to conquer the world. Okay, maybe not the world, but I did begin to tackle my new rommate's CD collection for downloading onto iTunes. That's no small feat!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally enjoy coffee from Madagascar. They're probably some of the most expensive beans on the market, but the rich flavor is really almost second to none. There's another great bean that hails from the South Pacific, it's been digested and excreted from some marsupial's ass. It's rich and chocolaty, really full bodied flavour. It's better as a chocolate covered bean than as a drinking bean though.

5/31/2005 11:29 AM  
Blogger LizeCR said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/31/2005 11:32 AM  
Blogger LizeCR said...

Is that so? That kind of reminds me of the civet cat from Asia, whose secretions from a gland between its genitals and anus are used as a flavoring in many of the foods we consume on a regular basis.

5/31/2005 11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah Right!!

And there's a dog who craps hamburger and pees ketchup!

5/31/2005 12:35 PM  
Blogger LizeCR said...

Mmhmm... read this:

http://www.foodreference.com/html/aconsumersdictoffa.html

5/31/2005 12:50 PM  
Blogger JimC said...

Great - with one post, I'm off coffee, hamburger, and ketchup... Ok, not true for coffee, but I must say that I enjoy my coffee beans excrement-free.

5/31/2005 3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home