Sunday, March 09, 2008

I Had a Dream

So it's been nearly two years since I've written, but I felt the need to share this crazy dream I had. I felt like I was solving some huge puzzle, as often happens to me in dreams, though I ususally don't remember te question or the answer. I dreamt that I had to write a short story for highschool English, and I came up with this really "fresh" version of Rapunzel (I think her name was "Riley.") Anyway, she locked herself up in her room, for all the guys were running after her because of her beautiful long (dark?) hair. The "prince" (i.e. some guy) comes to her balcony- which kind of looks like the one I had off my bedroom growing up, and asks her to let him up. She threatens to cut off her hair so that men will stop chasing her. The prince is very upset about this, and begs her to keep her gorgeous locks. He suggests that the best way to keep the boys away (and to have her to himself) is to demonstrate that she has a brain. Rapunzel/Riley likes this idea, and she lets the prince up the stairs, not her hair. And they live happily ever after.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

11/11/2008 8:33 AM  
Blogger LizeCR said...

Thank you! I sometimes fantasize about writing a novel or submitting a piece to the "lives" section of NYTimes Magazine. Although posting on my blog again would be a start.

11/11/2008 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home